View Single Post
Old 19-05-2017, 22:33   #596
Ramrod
[NTHW] pc clan

Services: Amazon Prime Video & Netflix. Deregistered from my TV licence.
Ramrod has a golden aura
Ramrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden auraRamrod has a golden aura
Re: June 8th General Election

Quote:
Originally Posted by Damien View Post
How else are we going to pay for it?
I don't know but it's not right to tax me, at a higher rate than others, at source, tax me when I buy something, tax me when I sell it and then take away what's left to pay for care at the end but simply hand money out to those who havent strived all through their lives. That's not a 'fairer society'
( I'm not including the disabled or likewise disadvantaged in that whom I am all for helping)

---------- Post added at 22:33 ---------- Previous post was at 22:28 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by pip08456 View Post
There are those like you and myself that have the intelligence and drive to be able to better ourselves but that does not automatically mean that everyone else has it.
Indeed, but why should I and my descendants be penalised because of that?
.....and if we are to be penalised, where is our incentive to work hard all through our lives.....if it'll simply be taken away from us in the end anyway?