View Single Post
Old 17-05-2017, 21:14   #5
ccarmock
cf.geek

ccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation eraccarmock has entered a golden reputation era
Re: Business Broadband Static IP

vm_tech is correct, if you take any of the static IP option - ie 1 , 5 or 13 addresses this will prevent you using modem mode on the Hitron, which is now the only device used for business installs.

However I am assuming you want modem mode to have a static public IP address on the device behind the Hitron?

That is possible, and exactly what I do now.

If you take the 5 IP address option (which is available with options 2 & 3) you can have the first IP in the block assigned to the Hitron and the next (and subsequent) assigned to the device behind the Hitron.

In this mode the Hitron will automatically have NAT disabled, and WiFi disabled. While it's not actually in a modem mode, it behaves as close to being in modem mode as it can with fixed IP options.

I have been running that way since last August as I was included on a pilot of the fixed IP solution on the Hitron on the 200 Mb/s service.

I've recently upgraded to the 350/20 Mb/s service. My fixed IP block did not change, and all is working very well.

I didn't have many issues with the older SH1 based fixed IP address service, but the Hitron is a more stable and robust device. There were reports of performance issues with it in fixed IP address mode, but these have long been addressed with the firmware updates.

All in all it's a very good, stable service.

So in summary don't worry about modem mode is my advice - get a 5 IP block and configure it as I mentioned and you should be fine.
ccarmock is offline   Reply With Quote