View Single Post
Old 17-05-2017, 17:41   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: Business Broadband Static IP

the answer is yes. The option for static ips afaik is independent of tier with regards to speed. For the package you are on the single routable ip will be allocated to the first device on your network which will be your router if the shub is in modem mode and everything behind the router (i.e. your lan) will still have a local address and your router will have to do nat. There is a 5 ip subnet option if you need servers or other clients on your network to have a routable ip and again, I am sure this is independent of tier/speed. I am sure I have seen other posts in the forum where people have done this with their own router and set up the l2tp tunnel.

There is a forum user who knows this stuff inside and out, I'll send him a pm and hopefully we'll be graced with his words of wisdom soon.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote