View Single Post
Old 16-01-2017, 10:16   #2673
BenMcr
Virgin Media Staff

Services: 360 x2, Maxit TV, Sky Sports and Sky Cinema. Gig1
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
BenMcr has a pair of shiny starsBenMcr has a pair of shiny stars
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryo View Post
Hope you can help BenMcr

I had the V6 installed sat 7th and apart from It being superfast, and easy to DL settings from my old TiVo with series links etc, I'm very underwhelmed with what I was promised I can do with it, I kept my TiVo box and was hoping to stream shows from it I still had, but I've been told that can't be done without paying for a powerline connection, I wasnt left with the new HDMI cable and the setup steaming device doesn't work, never gets past step one and then says set up problem, set up did not complete successfully please try again, can anyone hek me, as I rang installs and faults and customer service, but nobody knows anything and all reps seem clueless, and don't seem trained on the V6
It's never good when you can't get the support you need.

In regards to the V6 to TiVo connection, it should have been discussed at the point of order that to stream between the two boxes a home network connection is required so you can plan appropriately for any additional kit that you would need.

For the HDMI cable, do you mean that you weren't given one to allow both your boxes to work, as the V6 itself doesn't normally need a different type of HDMI cable to what you already have for TiVo.

And for the app, the only thing I can suggest is ensure that your device is completely update to date for all apps and system service e.g. Android System WebView and other OS updates.