View Single Post
Old 27-12-2016, 08:58   #8
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Sky Q problems on Watchdog tonight.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblegun View Post
I'm pretty sure I was recommending Sky Q to you a few months ago...but I've had repeated Sky Q minibox connectivity errors since it was installed.

They go away then return.

My house has brick walls everywhere which is an obvious issue.

I've had to resort to putting my minibox on the floor and using a much longer HDMI cable to reach the TV.

This has fixed it for now.

However, my latest issue is with the "multiscreen" streaming where I need to use the 2.4Ghz wifi in other parts of the house but I cannot choose the channels that the miniboxes or Sky Q 2Tb box use.
The Virgin router next door dominates the channels it uses whenever I get near it.
Many issues with SkyQ are caused by other providers equipment.I know that when i had Virgin i was plagued with constant wifi and internet drop outs and many people are using Virgin or BT internet with Sky Q .My own set up is now all Sky and much better but i did have some issues with the mini box disconnecting,it was discovered that interference from other wifi devices like phones was the problem so i simply connected the mini via ethernet and no problems since