View Single Post
Old 19-07-2017, 10:15   #8
tweetiepooh
Virgin Media Employee

Services: Staff MyRates BB: VM XXL TV: VM XL Phone : VM XL
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
tweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appealtweetiepooh has a bronzed appeal
Re: Credit and debit card surcharges are to be banned

The original EU rules apply to Visa and Mastercard, the UK are extending this to AmEx and Paypal.

My dad worked on Chip and Pin for Visa and he said that while it's true that the card companies do charge businesses for accepting them the cost is still lower than banking cash (this was some time back when C&P first arrived). The existing rules allow companies to charge more for cards but the charge must be commensurate with their costs to accept. This hasn't been followed so now no charge at all is allowed.

But, will businesses now add the charge to the price which is allowed as it applies to all customers, then maybe offer a discount for certain purchases? This is probably covered but how can they watch that for a small business like a market trader that may offer you a deal, no receipt if cash so no record.