Thread: Headends.
View Single Post
Old 07-02-2017, 23:18   #56
Inactive Digital
cf.addict

Services: VM broadband, Stream, phone. Sky Q
Inactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to beholdInactive Digital is a splendid one to behold
Re: Headends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon22 View Post
That would be why I can't find it in Telford then lol. I always thought it was fed from Wolverhampton, didn't realise they were in the same building.
Hi Jon, when Cable Midlands launched in Newport and Telford they had a fairly big office presence on the Central Park business estate (opposite what is now Wickes/Aldi).

Unlike the rest of the franchise, initially Newport and Telford were unable to receive either a Channel 7 local channel, or The Box (which was also local service at that time). Channel 7 just showed a still caption and The Box channel number broadcast static.

I guess that either means there was some kind of play-out facility on site for them the be broadcasting differently to the rest of the Cable Midlands franchise, or it could mean the opposite and the lack of these local services meant it was all just fed from Wolves.

Last edited by Inactive Digital; 07-02-2017 at 23:21. Reason: Typos
Inactive Digital is offline   Reply With Quote