Old 17-09-2013, 14:37   #11
Wad_2002
Inactive

Services: Tivo & BB
Wad_2002 is on a distinguished roadWad_2002 is on a distinguished road
Re: Some Virgin Compensation Advice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizuk View Post
Have you really had partial service for the entirety of 3 years? I would have complained after 3 days and be cancelling by 3 weeks.

If it dragged on for 3 years I think you need to take a bit of the responsibility along with VM and be reasonable as to how it has TRULY impacted your service.
As much as I would hate to say it, I do agree that perhaps I should have been at there heels a bit more.

However, I can only say that it was reported them at least twice, back in 2011. Had a couple of engineers out, they said they would be back in touch. No contact.

I got the automated call from VM advising "Press 1 if problem still exists" , etc. I remeber pressing that and again nothing. No further contact. Called back up presviously, and no disrespect and I am not being racist, but when you get connected the idian call centre try explaining this perstant problem to them. I did try and got no where, they kept asking if I wanted to remove channels. Plus I have a deep Scottish accent which doesn't help .

It got to a stage where I got fed up with it and lived with it. They do have my call records on there system and according to one of the advisors the repair ticket back then doesn not have a resolution agaist it.

From a customer service point of view, I did try with them, I lft in there hands multiple times to resolve and they did not.

As for service disruption, I have not been able to watch serveral HD channels and slight pixelation on normal SD channels now and again, but nothing I can't live with.

Thanks for the feedback guys, I not done something like this before.

---------- Post added at 14:37 ---------- Previous post was at 14:35 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by MutleyF View Post
Forget the time span for a minute ....

My first thoughts were that the only problem reported was the HD channels are mainly unwatchable.
This does mean though the SD variants are fine.

I'm not normally one to complain to any provider, but the time span to resolve would have been the one thing I would argue about, not so much the lack of HD.

Be interesting to hear of the resolve
Exactly, again, another reason I lived with it cause I could watch the SD variants.

Again, got sick of calling up, taking time off work etc. So gave up on the issue.
Wad_2002 is offline   Reply With Quote