View Single Post
Old 15-03-2016, 17:25   #1258
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: Virgin TV (What's on soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by denphone View Post
Typical Sky throwing money at everything that moves.
It wouldn't surprise me if E4 let it go. It started off as a serious musical drama on Nashville, and turned into a soap.

T Bone Burnett, the creator's wife and first season's music producer left for that reason.

Quote:
"Some people were making a drama about real musicians' lives, and some were making a soap opera, so there was that confusion," Burnett told The Hollywood Reporter. "It was a knockdown, bloody, drag-out fight, every episode. You remember that show 'The Prisoner?' If I were to tell you the truth, you'd think I was insane. "
Buddy Miller took over the music, so that is still good, and so far I've managed to put up with the soap because of the music. Plus, the Nashville location is good. The soap part is getting pretty dire though...

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/1...n_4182191.html
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote