View Single Post
Old 25-06-2016, 08:22   #55
Anypermitedroute
Inactive

Services: Virgin TIVO XL package & Sky Movies and Sports HD XXL broadband & superhub
Anypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of QuadsAnypermitedroute has a fine set of Quads
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ View Post
Very good article that.

Another good point I read yesterday mentioned the fact that Remain voters were saying Leave supporters won it with a campaign of fear of what life would be like if we stay in the EU and as such the result was unfair. OK that's a pretty odd notion of 'unfair' as all political elections/referendums are fuelled by lies and BS however look at all the subsequent predictions of doom and gloom the Remainers have come out with over the past 24 hours....but of course, that's "different".

---------- Post added at 07:50 ---------- Previous post was at 07:42 ----------

From when you and I last met you'll know I have a related issue (albeit my situation not regarding the EU) so I was viewing this angle with interest and was worried the result may fuel some racist and xenophobic attitudes and so far I'm glad to see that doesn't appear to be the case. On Radio 5 yesterday there were reports that due to so many EU nationals living, working and settled in the UK (and of course vice versa) it would be a logistic and administrative nightmare to simply withdraw their rights to be wherever they are so it appears some provisions and compromises will be offered.

Obviously for yourself that's hardly the certainty you need but I can't see a blanket "get out and go home" rule being applied.
That's the problem, both side have been saying they won't but no one is certain and as you can appreciate with recent events I can't rely on "goodwill" because frankly no one know for certain

Whilst I have to respect the democratic process I am bloody furious

So far I had people I vaguely know use the classic "if you don't like it why don't you just leave with them"
Well my my 5 year goal was go and live I Austria, and with their vote yesterday they just gone and made that harder