View Single Post
Old 22-04-2012, 17:49   #2
General Maximus
Ran Away

Services: phone + 1gbit BB + SkyQ
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
General Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronzeGeneral Maximus is cast in bronze
Re: realy rubbish connection.india says everything is ok

your upstream power is borderline, i think +6 is th max for VM spec but I think the shub can stand up to +8 without a problem. It is one of those "if it aint broken dont fix it" scenarios and the fact that you have already confirmed that you can get max speed shows that it isnt causing youa problem.

The problem you have got dude is network congestion because the network (especially in your area) is massively over subscribed. Weekends as a whole can be diabolical in certain areas and it is compounded by the fact that everyone else wants to get onto youtube, bbc iplayer and whatever else which just makes it worse.

I can guarantee that if you run some speed tests and try to watch stuff online tomorrow morning you wont have a problem. Unfortunately there is no quick cure for it atm. VM are going round the country adding extra capacity for the speed upgrades but once everyone's speed has been doubled you'll just be back to square one again. Doubling your speed to 60mbit isnt going to help you when the speed isnt there to start off with.

If it is an ongoing issue and you watch stuff online regularly I suggest you move over to BT Infinity who are pretty much perfect atm.
General Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote