View Single Post
Old 24-11-2011, 11:30   #34
passingbat
Inactive

Services: Virgin 100 meg BB, Talk More Anytime Phone, Mix TV, V6.
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
passingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronzepassingbat is cast in bronze
Re: What to expect from your Virgin Media TiVo 15.2 Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by zekeisaszekedoes View Post
Here's a quick repost of something I mentioned over at TiVo Community forum to help people get the TiVo Commander Android app working:

The Android TiVo Commander app gives you a virtual remote, virtual keyboard which works on most things and control of My Shows and recordings, to a good extent. It's the quickest way I've found to remote the TiVo, even including using a USB keyboard with the F11 SD menus.

Better still, managing My Shows/recordings etc is done in the background while the TiVo continues to play fullscreen, handy if you have a missus who can't stand the tinkering when she's watching her godawful soaps or whatever.

To get it working you do need to enter the TSN, MAK and IP numbers in the Custom Settings menu but after that it's plain sailing.
  • Go Home -> Help & Settings -> System Info.
  • TiVo Service Number (forth line of text). Make a note.
  • Go back.
  • Media Accesss Key (MAK) is second option. Press right, enter PIN, make a note.
  • Go Home -> Help & Settings -> Settings -> Network.
  • TiVo IP address is fifth line on the right text column.
  • Go back.
  • Go Network Remote Control. Allow.

Type the IP, MAK and TiVo service number into the TiVo Commander app under Custom Settings. When done and pressing back on the Android device, five options should appear:
  • Remote
  • My Shows
  • Search
  • Settings
  • About

Enjoy!
Not got any android devices ATM but thanks for that very detailed explanation. I'm sure it will be very helpful for those that have.
passingbat is offline   Reply With Quote