View Single Post
Old 24-11-2011, 10:15   #33
Itshim
Do I care what you think

Services: V6 ,Virgin L. Phone Broadband.sky go Netflix
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Itshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appealItshim has a bronzed appeal
Re: What to expect from your Virgin Media TiVo 15.2 Upgrade

Ok, so have new software & as I suspected as far as I am concerned it is only bring the Tivo closer* to my trusty V+ Sorry.
For the most part I cannot see any real difference in performance ( I don’t have a stopwatch.It would be that small & I never thought it was slow ) I guess I have not used anything else to see the difference.
The picture has been great from the start so again do not “see” the fix.
* Back to coming closer before the “update” I could only use my Digi sender if I removed the Hdmi cable from the TV ( never a problem with the V+).Now I only need to press clear( to get the message off the screen that it does not work) .
I was going to swap the boxes around but I think I will hold off now the sender works.
I still feel ,that if all you want is a box that records, plays & gets you to the I player etc. This is on balance NOT worth paying extra for.
So for all you folks how just want to watch tv . Think about it carefully.
As it saved me money I happy, would be sick if I had paid for install etc.
I wonder if the core problem is the fact that it is adapted US software. We have two programmes running in work. One written from scratch in UK & one built around core US software. We are forever amending it as it does not work in the way we would like. One year on its still being tweaked.
Itshim is offline   Reply With Quote