View Single Post
Old 10-01-2012, 06:15   #4
jb66
cf.mega poster

jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
jb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze arrayjb66 has a bronze array
Re: No phone line available?

It will be a lack of e sides in the cabinet, once some one leaves you can get on,ironically there will be some business e sides free but they don't let residential customers use them for whatever reason

---------- Post added at 06:15 ---------- Previous post was at 06:15 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCalling View Post
Blimey, it's been a long time since I heard of a lack of available phone lines. Last time was back in the 70s. The solution I remember is for lines to be rationed and shared between houses. These are called 'party lines'. Contact VM and ask about this, the procedure is usually for you to share a phone line with your neighbour but if they are on the phone you have to wait to make a call. I assume the line rental is split between you, it's a long time ago this was an issue so I can't remember. VM will have to find the old 70s rule book and blow the dust off before they can give you full details of the party line mechanism I expect.
The neighbour would never agree to that
jb66 is offline   Reply With Quote