View Single Post
Old 03-12-2016, 09:09   #3004
ianch99
cf.mega poster

ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
ianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze arrayianch99 has a bronze array
Re: Post-Brexit Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by papa smurf View Post
you quote from it chapter and verse [like other news outlets] but claim not to be a reader ,you can't make this stuff up . bless
The quote was from the Guardian article

---------- Post added at 08:59 ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
The thread started off in the day with interesting discussions about the UK's relationship with the EU post-Brexit. Come the end of the evening and without provocation people are throwing names around that would not be out of place on the school playground.
You're are right here. The constant use of the childish names is aimed at winding people up. It has no other purpose from what I can see. It certainly does not further debate, just the opposite.

---------- Post added at 09:09 ---------- Previous post was at 08:59 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by martyh View Post
The government will take us out of Europe ,they have a mandate to do that but you have to realise that they are duty bound to do so in a manner that they feel is going to benefit everyone ,that's why we put them in office in the first place ,if they don't they don't belong in government .
You also need to realise that this isn't a war with a winning and losing side .I want to leave but i don't the country split down the middle with a 'them and us' culture ,that would be more damaging than staying in the EU.
I really wish the vote had been more decisive one way or the other then we would not be having these problems
I would like to thank you for this post. Your analysis is accurate and unbiased.

The referendum had a (small) majority to leave the EU. There was not a vote on the terms of leaving. The Leave campaign (in its many forms) had a variety of suggestions some of which have already been ruled out (by the Leave leaders themselves).

The bottom line is that we are leaving the EU. However, it is the responsbility of the Government to get the best deal for the long term prosperity of the country.

It is not the duty of the Government to seek some ideological hard-core Brexit solution just so it can appease the zealous right wingers.