View Single Post
Old 23-08-2017, 18:05   #45
007stuart
cf.addict

Services: TIVO V6 Meg Service TV XL Virgin Phone Home & Mobile My wife says I have too many SONOS units
007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute007stuart has a reputation beyond repute
Re: What an obnoxious piece of work.....

I think he was lucky to avoid the manslaughter verdict. If a car driver had used a vehicle in a similar condition (i.e. designed for track racing and with no brakes fitted and driving at an excessive speed ) the driver would have faced a plethora of charges such causing death by dangerous driving possibly construction and use infringements.

Seems this part of legislation he was convicted under is used more often than you would think From the Report on the BBC News website" It is now used when it is not possible to prosecute under the Road Traffic Act 1988 - ie, when the vehicle in the crime was not mechanically propelled - and in cases of serious injury or death caused by a cyclist's actions.

It carries a maximum penalty of two years' imprisonment and/or an unlimited fine.
Previous successful prosecutions under the offence include those against cyclists Darryl Gittoes and Darren Hall, who both knocked down pedestrians who later died.
"

Who would have thought......
007stuart is offline   Reply With Quote