View Single Post
Old 13-02-2015, 22:22   #122
harry_hitch
Heavens to Betsy, Bertie!

Services: TIVO, M TV, L BB, M Phone
harry_hitch has reached the bronze age
harry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze ageharry_hitch has reached the bronze age
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Old Boy, I am sorry but I dropping out of this discussion. You appear to be disregarding very logical points (made mainly by others) and changing your ideas every time the points are made.

The license fee is in no way extortionate and (in my eyes) provides fantastic value for money. Just because a few people on here don't like it, does not make it wrong.

With regards to freeview, all that article says to me is that have finally caught up with all the other STB boxes out there by offering. This part of the statement seems to suggest they have no plans to do any of the things you think they will have to do, they are simply offering a catch up service, and still offer it subscription free.

Guy North, managing director of Freeview, said: “Freeview has been built on a vision to make television available to all free from subscription. In the same way that we took the UK from analogue to digital, Freeview Play is the next step in that vision and will put the viewer in control.

“We want to keep television fair and open for everyone. That means giving consumers the freedom to choose the TV they want, the way they want it.”

I could carry on, but I simply have lost the will with this discussion. People are still buying newspapers in a big way (come put the supplements in them at 6 am on a saturday morning to see how popular they still are), and they are still partly ad funded.

I have enjoyed this greatly, but I simply can not carry this on any more. You are right, things will change a little bit, but I think you are wrong about how much and how quickly things will change. Things work far too well now for things to change too much.

I welcome you response, but alas, I am out.
harry_hitch is offline   Reply With Quote