View Single Post
Old 11-08-2016, 23:52   #215
Ddonald2016
cf.geek

Ddonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enoughDdonald2016 will become famous soon enough
Re: Virgin Media V6 - Powered by TiVo(new STB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1andrew1 View Post
I'm sure the prices will be better at launch, those seem too high. But we don't know what VM's other charges will be before we can judge properly.
While the packs will affect monthly price of £15 it won't affect £200 install charge or whatever they call it. No matter how it's dressed up sky q say our boxes are free virgin go hey lets charge £200 see what daft customers pay then we will review prices

---------- Post added at 23:52 ---------- Previous post was at 23:50 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad View Post
Those prices seem about right. TiVo A works out at £243 over the 1st year. TiVo B works out at £379 over the 1st year.

I remember when TiVo launched over 5 years ago. It cost new customers £199 for the box, £40 installation then £3 per month... if you where on XL and VIP. I'm sure those on M+ and L packages had to pay £8 per month for their TiVo. That's £275 over the 1st year for XL customers and £335 over the 1st year for those on M+ and L.

Doesn't make the prices for the new boxes look outrageous, or wide of the mark, at all.
Your totally right but at that time sky used to charge for sky boxes like 2nd sky HD box was £299 but now sky boxes for sky q are free, and virgin want £200 seriously
Ddonald2016 is offline   Reply With Quote