View Single Post
Old 03-03-2017, 11:54   #636
theone2k10
Inactive

Services: Plusnet 40mb unlimited fibre, roku, Verizon, netflix, nowtv, hbogo, hulu, SKY+HD box sets pack
theone2k10 has reached the bronze age
theone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze agetheone2k10 has reached the bronze age
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Surely, Richard, all posts on the forum are subject to comment by others. I saw a need to respond to yours as, not for the first time, you made damaging comments about Virgin Media which I have a feeling are unfair. I like to believe what people say about their experiences, but this was yet another battle of yours in what has become a litany of complaints about a company that, in my experience, has a pretty good record of customer service. Not once have I ever had cause to complain about the company, or indeed its predecessors. The staff have always been polite and have addressed any questions I've had with absolute courtesy. I have not detected the deterioration in service under Liberty Global that you claim has happened.

Honestly, Richard, if you really are concerned about Virgin Media and how they deal with you, it is surprising that you have not moved to another provider, with whom I suspect, you would soon have issues as well.

My comment about VM 'knowing who you are' was merely pointing out that if a customer is rude and demanding, they can't really expect VM to go out on a limb to help them. Politeness goes a long way, I find.
I do agree with BIB even in my anger at vm i remained calm and polite plus if some staff are aiming to get a reaction it annoys them more when they don't get one but with all companies always be polite and not demanding for example when bt emailed me about price rises i didn't demand a offer or threaten to leave i simply rang up and said "i'm ringing up about my current price rise and was wondering if there were any offers on my account please?" they made a offer but at the time SKYs offer was far better BT offered me 52mbs for £36.99pm whilst SKY offered the same for £30pm i know skys hub is as useful as a wet paper bag but i can piggy back my own router off it, however i've given BT full permission to contact me should a better offer become available.
Even in my recent emauil to vms CEO trying to sort out this £140 they think i owe still i was polite and including documents that supported and even dropped hints that if it got resolved i may return.
Politeness does go a long way, i've worked in retail and trust me polite custoers make your day so much better the rude customers you don't want to help but will because it's your job, whereas the polite customers i'd go that extra mile to help and love helping them.

Now on a more positive note vm in talks with Sony apparantly, no idea as what yet but ore info when i get it.