View Single Post
Old 25-10-2016, 15:47   #11
Horizon
Media Watcher

Services: Sky, Cable & Freeview
Horizon has reached the bronze age
Horizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze ageHorizon has reached the bronze age
Re: Virgins retention deals?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGray View Post
Well as an update to this, Virgin Media's outbound team finally called me on Tuesday, i told them the following deal from Sky (Fibre 50mb, SkyQ 2tb + 2 Mini, Anytime Phone, Full TV, Sports HD, Cinema HD, £65pm 12 months).

I called the inbound retention team who offered the previous uncompetitive deal (200mb, Full TV, Sport SD, Cinema SD, weekend calls, £50 credit on first month bill, 9month discount before £130+ - £85pm) which i declined and opted to give my 30 day notice...

The outbound team phoned, they called my landline and i explained the predicament that i wanted to stay on Virgin, but their deal was poor. They said being the outbound only team they can offer much better deals. I listened closely...

They offered 70mb, Full TV, BT Sport, Sport SD, Cinema SD, Allday phone £72pm for 12 months. It was a decent deal but still not good enough compared to Sky, so i said i'd consider it but for them to call me the day after (Since i couldn't call them...) i didn't get a call, so i got the frontline retention team to send a message for them to call me today.

They called, and said the deal was actually £81pm and not £72 and denied it. I questioned how i got a different number, considering that is in no way competitive to Sky, so i left it at that :|. Sky coming next Tuesday so guess that is the end of that :|
Just a tip as there is confusion over prices between you and VM, if ever you contact a company again whether VM, BT, EDF, T-Mobile whoever, and get offered a price, ask them to pop that on a quick email to you. Review it with them still on the phone and if you agree, respond to the email saying you take that price. All in writing, no confusion....