View Single Post
Old 21-10-2016, 23:39   #9
AGray
Inactive

AGray is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Virgins retention deals?

Well as an update to this, Virgin Media's outbound team finally called me on Tuesday, i told them the following deal from Sky (Fibre 50mb, SkyQ 2tb + 2 Mini, Anytime Phone, Full TV, Sports HD, Cinema HD, £65pm 12 months).

I called the inbound retention team who offered the previous uncompetitive deal (200mb, Full TV, Sport SD, Cinema SD, weekend calls, £50 credit on first month bill, 9month discount before £130+ - £85pm) which i declined and opted to give my 30 day notice...

The outbound team phoned, they called my landline and i explained the predicament that i wanted to stay on Virgin, but their deal was poor. They said being the outbound only team they can offer much better deals. I listened closely...

They offered 70mb, Full TV, BT Sport, Sport SD, Cinema SD, Allday phone £72pm for 12 months. It was a decent deal but still not good enough compared to Sky, so i said i'd consider it but for them to call me the day after (Since i couldn't call them...) i didn't get a call, so i got the frontline retention team to send a message for them to call me today.

They called, and said the deal was actually £81pm and not £72 and denied it. I questioned how i got a different number, considering that is in no way competitive to Sky, so i left it at that :|. Sky coming next Tuesday so guess that is the end of that :|
AGray is offline   Reply With Quote