View Single Post
Old 15-09-2011, 18:06   #4
The Installer
cf.addict

Services: Telewest Stuff
The Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to allThe Installer is a name known to all
Re: Loss of analogue channels- new set-up help required

Quote:
Originally Posted by Everest30 View Post
Ok,

I live in the Midlands, I have Virgin V+ box in the lounge.

I have expensive cable which goes from the RF on the back of the V+ box to the loft where I have an amplifier which splits the signal to Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2 and Kitchen.

This meant that I could watch whatever was on Virgin plus channels 1,2,3,4,5.

After the analogue signal was switched off last week for BBC 2 I no longer have BBC2 in Bedroom 1, Bedroom 2 or Kitchen.

I have a "digital" aerial so why does this not work ?

Is this because the TV's in the aforesaid rooms are not digital ? and therefore need to buy 3 new TV's to watch BBC1, BBC2, ITV, Channel 4 and 5?
This is the start of the digital switch over. On the 21st of this month you will loose all the other analogue channels you have too.

You will need to get a Freeview box for each of your "other" TV's around the house which are not connected to V+ box directly if you want to still be able to watch another channels (ie 1,2,3,4,5) as you did before.

You won't require a Freeview box for these other channels however if your other TV's already have a Freeview tuner built into them. To find this out you'll need to look at the info (Google the make & model if you don't have the instructions any longer) for your TV set's. If they do have a Freeview tuner already built in, then flick across to the digital tuner and do a full scan to get your Freeview channels.

Your aerial you have in your loft will not make digital channels suddenly pop up, you require the digital tuner (Freeview) to enable that to happen.

On the 21st when the full switch over happens, if you take no action you will only be able to view your V+ box on the other TV's which i presume you watch on Ch.6 or something like that?

There are lots of billboard posters around reminding you of the date to retune again (21st).

HTH
The Installer is offline   Reply With Quote