View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 13:45   #1
Jason1975
Inactive

Jason1975 is an unknown quantity at this point
Probably the ugliest equipment and install I have ever seen

Hi Guys

Just had Virgin around to do their install, and wow it is ugly. Just had the missus freek out so I will definately have to do something to resolve this.

I am in the same line of work and have worked with cat5/6 and fibre for years. I feel I am well placed to comment on this.

Firstly, why on earth is the cable running up the side of my house black? I realise it is an external cable with special pvc coating, but they also do them in white. White would be a much better option. Then we have the ugly brown virgin box connecting the ugly black cables tacked all over the front of my house.

Also, I specified how I wanted the install done and where I wanted the cables laid and they were not installed how I instructed them to do it.

I have been warned by some other people that Virgin installs suck but wow, I did not think they would be that bad.

I have 2 options. 1, we rip out all the cables, and go back to SKY, or 2, get a different group of Virgin engineers to come and install it like I wanted it to be done.

Decisions , decisions.
Jason1975 is offline   Reply With Quote