View Single Post
Old 15-12-2017, 17:51   #3712
buckeye
cf.addict

buckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nicebuckeye is just really nice
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by theone2k10 View Post

We think SKY,VM and BT will unite together with the threat of online providers such as netflix, amazon and the risk of twitter and Facebook throwing their hats into the ring too.
However i think VM are in the weakest position of the big 3 as they have no content to offer in return.
I've said it before and i know many disagree but i'll say it again VM should never of sold of their channels for a start Living was great when vm owned it but now it's a shadow of it's former self, plus by having channels VM would of had that extra bargaining chip too.
I think this is both Sky and BT hedging their bets over the forthcoming Premier League rights, if either lose out they get to market the football as available on their service (BT being the loser as all the subscription money goes to Sky via Now TV).
If BT decide to sell their rather good online sports service direct to customers rather than renew their contract with VM or demand you be a BT customer to even be able to pay for it then VM could well be fubared when it comes to full sports content.