View Single Post
Old 12-04-2011, 15:39   #3
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Probably the ugliest equipment and install I have ever seen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason1975 View Post
Hi Guys

Just had Virgin around to do their install, and wow it is ugly. Just had the missus freek out so I will definately have to do something to resolve this.

I am in the same line of work and have worked with cat5/6 and fibre for years. I feel I am well placed to comment on this.

Firstly, why on earth is the cable running up the side of my house black? I realise it is an external cable with special pvc coating, but they also do them in white. White would be a much better option. Then we have the ugly brown virgin box connecting the ugly black cables tacked all over the front of my house.

Also, I specified how I wanted the install done and where I wanted the cables laid and they were not installed how I instructed them to do it.

I have been warned by some other people that Virgin installs suck but wow, I did not think they would be that bad.

I have 2 options. 1, we rip out all the cables, and go back to SKY, or 2, get a different group of Virgin engineers to come and install it like I wanted it to be done.

Decisions , decisions.
If you have the Virginmedia phone line then call in on 150 or if you have a BT line ring 0845 454 1111 and choose the option thinking of leaving us and ask for them to come and tidy the installation up.

The cable from the cabinet only comes in black as it is a special siamese cable so the is no other option available.

I forgot to add that the OMNI boxes are also all brown.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote