View Single Post
Old 04-03-2017, 00:59   #646
OLD BOY
Rise above the players

Services: 2 V6 boxes with 360 software, Now, ITVX, Amazon, Netflix, Lionsgate+, Apple+, Disney+, Paramount +,
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
OLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronzeOLD BOY is cast in bronze
Re: Coming Soon to Virgin Media TV (2017)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post
You said yourself that you couldn't comment without knowing the full facts, but chose to do so anyway.

Just because you like to gloat over your good experiences, don't assume that it's the same for everyone.

If VM don't like "damaging comments" from customers, they should get their act together.

As already explained, because of this shoddy behaviour, they will now be required to prove that they offer the best overall value as each contract expires. I will no longer be blindly supporting the underdog because of my dislike of Sky as they are becoming as bad.

Fortunately, as theone says, they are not longer the only players in town.

To quash your implication that I was rude or demanding, I was not- in fact most communication has been done by a third-party. I suggest that you refrain from making such false allegations against me (this is the second time that you've tried this).

Once again, I will point out that staff of every organisation should be professional and mature at all times regardless of how they perceive that they are being spoken to.

If they believe that they are being abused in some way, there will be policies & procedures to deal with this. Thankfully, most people I've come across don't share your view that petty revenge is the solution. In fact, if this ever took place, the staff member may find themselves in trouble with their employer and/or the law eg some people express themselves in an unusual manner due to disability.

Your blind support for VM isn't normal behaviour. They aren't a friend, neighbour or a relative, they are simply a utility provider and nothing more.

I hope that you aren't one of those people who ring their free number just for someone to talk to. This was the reason that everybody had to start paying to contact them (though thankfully this policy was reversed).

This £10 business was a charge that directly discriminated against disabled people.

Even after having it spelled out to them and the possible consequences should I take legal action, it was like talking to a brick wall.

Thankfully, those with more intelligence further up the pecking order saw sense and refunded me after abolishing this charge.
Well, what an outburst, Richard!

My point about not knowing the full facts of your problem was that you were trying to gain sympathy by supplying a limited amount of information about your problem which was clearly a very one-sided version of events. When I started reading about your problems some time back I was sympathetic, but having read through such a huge number of what appear to be attention seeking issues, I have realised that you are taking us all for fools.

I don't know why you expect VM to fall over themselves to appease you, you are not that important. Your constant references to the Equalities Act rather betrays your angle on all this, and I am sure I'm not the only one to squirm as you raise this time and again for every issue as if you want us to believe that you are a victim here.

You say that I have 'blind support' for Virgin Media. I don't! Read my posts. I have been critical of their failure to maximise content for a start - have you not been paying attention? And why do you suggest that I advocate 'petty revenge'? I'm not sure what you are on, but can I have some?

Just to clarify: clearly, we all have our own experiences. But when one's own experience has been positive over 20 years, and then someone sticks their head up and comes out with whinge after whinge, I think one can be forgiven for thinking "what the..."!

The credibility problem you have, Richard, is that despite all the competition, and despite all your complaints, you remain with Virgin Media. That says everything to me. If you consider Sky or BT to be a step too far, it can't be that bad, can it?

---------- Post added at 00:59 ---------- Previous post was at 00:52 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardCoulter View Post

I suspect that a lot of his vexatious & antagonistic comments are purposely designed to stir things up on the forum.

He has form if you can be bothered to look through his past posts.
The words pot and kettle come to mind.

I have absolutely no intention of stirring anything up, Richard, you are far more skilled than I at that game.

Please re-read my posts. I have been pretty positive throughout, but I will not put up with unjustified criticisms, trolls or whingers.

Now, please, let's get this thread back on track, can we? Your complaint had nothing to do with what's coming soon on Virgin Media. I'd much rather be writing about that.