View Single Post
Old 13-03-2007, 15:03   #13
mertle
Inactive

mertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quadsmertle has a fine set of Quads
Re: How did Cable TV Start in the UK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcyon View Post
Here in the East Midlands, I remember when Diamond cable were digging up all the roads in the late 90's. They spent ages laying down the cables.
Yep Grimsby then nottingham was one of the first. Diamond if I can remember was a small cable company from Texas. I believe microsoft was one of the companies who part owned diamond.

I can remember when it first aired they showed how like texas grimsby was going to have a revolutionary system where schools would have home cable linkup. Then if your children was ill they could still do there schooling from home. You would be able to do your shopping from the confort of your home as all the local shops would be part of some cable technology.

Somehow we never goto to that level. But hey they sold cable to me. You was just given the impression you were being part of a revelotion in how this country would change in communications.
mertle is offline   Reply With Quote