View Single Post
Old 03-10-2017, 20:23   #65
kalleh
cf.addict

kalleh is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: New VM Business service - 350Mb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignitionnet View Post
I'm waiting for VMB to contact me back regarding my order so that I can tell them where to stick it right now.

They don't answer enquiries from their website. They don't answer their Twitter support handle, while the residential account responds in minutes. This issue is in part self-inflicted and should've been dealt with months ago. The earlier speed upgrades are worthless as in this area the upgrades are running months behind schedule anyway.

So given support seems worse than residential, speed upgrades won't come earlier and static IP addressing doesn't work there's zero incentive to spend the extra.

The information VM Business have given me has been well shall we say lacking to say the least.

I was told initially there was 2 different firmwares One for static One for Dynamic.

Then I was then told The Dynamic and Static are the same but the Multi Static is a different firmware that runs on the Hitron as others have posted they are running a newer version than myself.

Have asked to be put to multi-static as in the Glasgow area and the graph/latency is nowhere near as stable as the others posting here.

Also as it uses the residential part of the network it can be congested in the evening with the responses I've been told that your 'traffic' is only 'prioritised' between 9-5. Which well lets just say is a lie as you are given no priority.

In the end I require download speeds of above that of a FTTC connection and bonding two of them right now is still even more expensive than this at the £60 a month premium.

The Speeds are generally fine its more so the unstable latency that is the issue and i'm not talking about the BQM Graph looking completely green like most people expect but when pinging servers in london and europe one would expect the jitter being almost double the latency at random intervals to be the source of a fault somewhere.

Now it is a bit pedantic but the quality of some applications I'm using and services don't run as smooth as they possibly could when you are seeing a constant 20ms which rises to 40-80ms on many occasions.
kalleh is offline   Reply With Quote