View Single Post
Old 16-06-2008, 00:26   #9009
mark777
Inactive

Services: 0.4 Mbps BB + Phone
mark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of lightmark777 is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Virgin Media Phorm Webwise Adverts [Updated: See Post No. 1, 77, 102 & 797]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kursk View Post
Not sure if I'm the target for this comment for using the term 'geek' in an earlier post?
No Kursk, the comment is not aimed at any individual, certainly not you. My apologies if I have given that impression.

I refer to the opposition, who frequently refer to 'a few geeks' or words to that effect.

I'm very keen to get across the idea that IT professionals oppose this. Boffins if the media want to use the term, but never geeks.

Geeks are creations of US TV and have a special meaning to those members of our society who think they went to school with Buffy The Vampire Slayer - unfortunately far too many people.

The term 'geek' is bad news for this campaign with regards to expanding public awareness. Mods - please add it to the language filter.

EDIT : I am guilty myself of using the term in the past.