View Single Post
Old 08-01-2012, 13:13   #134
muppetman11
cf.mega poster

muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
muppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny starsmuppetman11 has a pair of shiny stars
Re: General Sky TV Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doz007 View Post
The TiVo app for iOS is excellent & the ability to directly control your box, really adds a whole new element to the standard TV Guide apps. I'm looking forward to Sky's take on this as long as they don't leave it too long, which I don't think they will given their forward thinking approach when it comes to smart phones & tablets.

The snowflake UI you linked to is certainly different and graphically very attractive but i'm not sure how usable it would prove to be over prolonged periods. When you say that NDS doesn't work on the old Thompson boxes, are you saying all more recent Sky+HD boxes are capable of running that snowflake UI? It seems like it's going to be very resource intensive.
No I think Sky use some form of NDS media highway software see link in my previous post now but I believe this won't run on the old Thomson Sky+HD boxes which run Open TV middleware , snowflake probably is way off in my opinion. The two below are NDS work I believe so something similar could be possible.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEtcPtATRUY
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wmYCc0mpvtw
muppetman11 is offline   Reply With Quote