Thread: Nightmare
View Single Post
Old 21-04-2011, 15:09   #28
raybessant
Inactive

raybessant is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Nightmare

Hello,

we are waiting for a decision from Garwyn insurance who are supposedly dealing with Mapgroup's claim - they will not give us a time scale for this decision/payout to be made. As I have previously written - we still have no washing machine as it will not fit under the worktop due to floor lifting and warping and areas continue to threaten a trip hazard.
It is now 27 days since the Virgin engineer flooded our house and ruined our floor through negligence and it still is dominating and ruining our family's lives.Last night we were forced to tell our daughter that her upcoming 18th Birthday Party had to be cancelled because it is obviously unsuitable to have people round - she was naturally very upset.We also have not been able to have our planned Easter BBQ which was to be our Housewarming party.
We have been advised that we should not even remove the floor in preparation in case there are any insurance queries re the damage which after this amount of time our advisor - my current home insurer - says is ridiculous,they would have processed this as a claim in half the time already elapsed.

I don't know how many times I can say that I am disappointed - it's more accurate to describe myself,my family and all who have been aware of this as disgusted at our treatment - every day adds to our stress and inconvenience - delaying plans long made and denying us the opportunity to enjoy our new home which I will remind you was perfect until Virgin came along.

Regards,

Ray
raybessant is offline   Reply With Quote