View Single Post
Old 15-02-2012, 13:18   #71
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
Ya know, its so hard to realistically work out which is cheaper over say 3 years. There are so many variables but I think it suits both companys to leave it like that.

I have 3 Sky+hd boxes and HD, Full price would Multiroomx2 HD pack x1 so just that should be £30

VM 3 recordable TiVo's would from March Tivo fee £5 x3 plus £6.50 x2 multiroom fee plus £7 premium HD. that's £35

I now have a 14Mb internet and phoneline with sky unlimited weekend and evening calls and unlimited internet that would be full price £19.75 with Sky.

10Mb with phone line and unlimited weekend and evening calls is £33 a month with VM.

But for instance my HD pack is discounted to £5, my multirooms are £7.50 each etc. I got free line rental, not many VM customers out there pay £33 for just 10Mb with a phoneline..

It is nigh on impossible to work out who is actually cheaper so it comes down to what you want from your provider.
Yes I agree, as it all depends on your package, and your circumstances. However with my package, like I said, I save £70 per month, and that was what decided it for me before I found out how much better the Tivo is than the Sky box.

Both Sky and VM will try to out do each other. So if you called VM, they would probably beat your Sky package just to get your custom. But in my case Sky just conceded defeat, because they couldn't come close.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote