View Single Post
Old 15-02-2012, 12:48   #69
Tim Deegan
cf.mega poster

Services: 3 phone lines, 100mb broadband, and TV x2 (including one Tivo)
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Tim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze ageTim Deegan has reached the bronze age
Re: Considering going for a Tivo box! Help to answer questions pls

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
The insurance is not Sky, its a secondary company I believe. Another thing most people forget is your Sky box is probably covered for failure or accidental damage by your house insurance.
Extended warranties are almost always done through another company. But it would have been a Sky department. But I know what you mean.

Extended warranties are never worth the money. Just try mentioning SOGA to the sales rep, and they soon shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by New to cable View Post
But the insurance gets you a brandnew box, the £60 is a refurb. It horses for course I guess.

I don't have any cover on my Sky+HD boxes and one is a drx790 probably 3 years old. Works fine just it only has a 360Gb HDD inside (which I can swapout myself for a upto 2TB) .
I never had cover on mine either, but mine did need replacing in the first year. The second one I never had any problems with.

I was happy with Sky, but a saving of £70 per month is a no brainer. So I changed to VM. But it was only after I changed that I found out how much better the Tivo box is. In fact I'm still finding out new things it can do now.
Tim Deegan is offline   Reply With Quote