View Single Post
Old 23-03-2008, 19:30   #34
moroboshi
Inactive

moroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nicemoroboshi is just really nice
Re: High Definition on Virgin Media: FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by hokkers999 View Post
And another person sees the light. At much less than about 5 feet or so, your eyes are incapable of resolving the difference between SD & HD. So unless you have your telly in the smallest room, save your cash.
Sorry to butt in, but I strongly disagree with that. I have a 50" 1080p Pioneer plasma and have been watching HD content through blu-ray and gaming (X360 mostly). The difference to my eyes between HD, and upscalled SD is absolutely night and day. So much so I have totally given up on watching SD DVDs, and now watch movies exclusively in high-def. I love high-def sound too, with Dolby True HD and raw PCM being a nice upgrade over crusty old Dolby Digital.

I'm currently trying to decide between Sky HD and Virgin V+ for my regular TV viewing. Obviously Sky's larger roster of HD content is compelling but I don't know if I could stomach giving money to Rupert Murdoch. It's really too bad Virgin have been lagging so terribly on the HD front. I read they are planning to launch another 5 HD channels this year? Does anyone know what they may be? (other than Channel 4 HD, which I assume must be due to launch any day now)
moroboshi is offline   Reply With Quote