View Single Post
Old 22-03-2008, 18:23   #32
arm987
Inactive

Services: Ntl Tv Phone Broadband
arm987 is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: High Definition on Virgin Media: FAQ

I found all of this info most helpful.
I have had a V box for 15 months and apart from small self imposed errors have not had problems at all. The help line and one call from an engineer solved everything.
I have a Samsung 32inch TV and am stunned at the quality of the standard picture indeed many of the old films viewed in standard reception leave me wondering if HD is worth the trouble. I will admit if one is close to the screen HD does improve the reception but from normal viewing distance wild life and modern travel items look to me almost as good as HD. I have switched from BBC1 to the HD channel when same program was on and the difference was very little, to put it another way-I would not like to have to pay for it. Overall the V Box has been my best buy,being able to record two and watch one is almost black magic. Recording is so easy and finding items to watch from recorded list is a simple matter-remember the load of VCR tapes scrolling back and forth to find playing spot?,thankfully a thing of the past. No doubt the Hard disk recorder is the best invention of the past few years. I notice some TVs now come with a built in H/D. A real bonus is being able to transfer a recorded item to a DVD recorder-and simple to do.
Do I give the impression I like the V Box?

ARM987
arm987 is offline   Reply With Quote