View Single Post
Old 12-07-2012, 10:00   #9
LLM
Inactive

LLM is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: internet going off Paisley, Renfrewshire area

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankrotten View Post
Same again this evening, problems start at 6pm then clear up bang on midnight. Total loss of internet.

Been on hold for tech support for past 20 mins and losing the will to go on.
Try this approach if you are genuinely at the end of the line. But remember you have to be prepared to follow it through - you can't cry wolf too often:

When you call 150, select the option for account closures. You will be connected to an operator almost immediately. Tell him/her that you have suffered repeated loss of service and are planning to take your business elsewhere unless the problem is addressed urgently. They will transfer you to a senior member of the UK technical team. Ask to have a 'service manager' attend on site. This is their most senior field operative who ought to be able to confirm if your problem is at your location, or as sounds most likely, in the main network - and probably a Motorola server issue. Insist - politely but firmly - that this is their last chance and that the problem has to be resolved effectively, otherwise you are closing your account.

You can then make a judgement on the outcome. I have had a stable connection with no drop-outs for nearly a week since my last complaint, but I still regard Virgin as being [quote] on probation [unquote].

LLM
LLM is offline   Reply With Quote