Thread: Astra 1N
View Single Post
Old 28-10-2011, 20:10   #13
Tuftus

Re: Astra 1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris View Post
I ditched Sky years ago, after I got a calculator out and worked out the cost per programme. There was maybe 1 or 2 shows per week that we actually sought out on Sky One (or any of the other scrambled channels), the rest of the time we were either watching FTA stuff or just staring numbly at the screen just because it was there. At that rate it was considerably more cost effective to rent DVDs of entire seasons of stuff we actually wanted. Or simply not bother at all, seeing as we really could have done with just watching less telly at that point.

The genius of Sky's marketing is that even today many people don't realise just how many of the channels they watch via their satellite dish don't require any subscription at all. Or even a Sky box.
This is exactly why my Humax Foxsat HDR box has litterally just paid for itself.

We looked at the stuff that we watched / recorded and it was all on FTA channels. The only channel i really miss is Discovery.

Must really get around to punting the Sky+ HD box on to some unsuspecting mug while it still has some value