Thread: Astra 1N
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2011, 20:13   #10
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: Astra 1N

Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetman11 View Post
With the addition of all these channels many like me would seriously consider ditching pay TV meaning Sky and VM will really have to up their game.
I ditched Sky years ago, after I got a calculator out and worked out the cost per programme. There was maybe 1 or 2 shows per week that we actually sought out on Sky One (or any of the other scrambled channels), the rest of the time we were either watching FTA stuff or just staring numbly at the screen just because it was there. At that rate it was considerably more cost effective to rent DVDs of entire seasons of stuff we actually wanted. Or simply not bother at all, seeing as we really could have done with just watching less telly at that point.

The genius of Sky's marketing is that even today many people don't realise just how many of the channels they watch via their satellite dish don't require any subscription at all. Or even a Sky box.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote