View Single Post
Old 19-03-2015, 12:10   #182
Chris
Trollsplatter
Cable Forum Team

Services: Humane elimination of all common Internet pests
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Chris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden auraChris has a golden aura
Re: The future for linear TV channels

Quote:
Originally Posted by OLD BOY View Post
Not sure I quite understand your comment, Chris. I'm referring to the shift from viewing linear channels to alternative means of viewing, such as video on demand, video streaming, etc.

Sorry if I wasn't clear, but the whole point of this thread is to look at whether this shift in viewing patterns will reduce income from advertising on broadcast TV which will then undermine the whole platform, leading to a sharp diminution or extinction of linear channels.
I know what the topic is. It seems perhaps that you don't. Or at least, you don't understand that a drop in ownership of video on disc, coupled with a rise in streaming video over the internet, has precisely nothing to do with the future of linear TV broadcasts.

It does have something to do with the future of DVD sales and rentals. That, however, is not the topic here.
Chris is offline   Reply With Quote