View Single Post
Old 23-12-2005, 20:07   #2
Escapee
cf.mega poster

Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Escapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze arrayEscapee has a bronze array
Re: how much income tax/national insurance should be deducted from my wage... :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyyo
i contacted inland revenue who said i need to speak to my payroll department, they insisted everything is fine...

i get paid weekly - when i fill in my hours. For example i filled in the last four weeks and got paid for the weeks on one pay slip....

my income tax is over £300.00 and national insurance over £120.00
isn't that too much, total deduction was 552.44 (also including my student loan deduction)

can anyone advise...
thanx
Please can we swap, I would love those deductions.

I would firstly check you have the correct tax code, then deduct your tax code from your annual salary. (If your tax code is 364L for example you deduct 3640 from your salary)

The tax code amount is free from any deductions, the rest is taxed. As a general rule of thumb you could divide your salary by 3 and then multiply by 2 to give you an idea of what you should be getting. I use that myself as a rough guide, and it gives you an idea what you should get after tax and NI deductions.