View Single Post
Old 22-11-2016, 23:29   #67
Kushan
FORMER Virgin Media Staff

Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Kushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appealKushan has a bronzed appeal
Re: John Malone/Liberty/VM General News Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skie View Post
It was a selling point but in practice the VOD experience on the Tivo has been pretty terrible.

Lately I've even been seeing a message claiming my internet isnt connected (complete with a picture of a dog pulling a cable from the tv) so there is obviously something a bit broke. VM must think so too if they are moving in a different direction with the V6
It's not just the VoD experience, I hate the TiVo. It's so bloody slow at everything it does. I mean it's still better than the old V+ boxes, but it's absolutely frustrating to use. When you click a wrong menu item and have to wait literally 10 seconds for it to catch up, just so you can go back.....

And for what? The "Graphically rich" UI isn't even that usable. The V6 better be nippy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
Nice little interview Malone gave yesterday about how he sees the future of cable and mobile companies, which is basically what I've said here 18 months ago!

http://www.cnbc.com/2016/11/16/john-...nsolidate.html
So basically expect LibGlob to merge with a mobile network at some point.

Well it won't be the current Virgin MVNO as BT just bought them. Rumours of Vodafone merging have been going on for years, but Telefonica (O2) needs money fast so there's plenty of possibilities really.

He's not wrong, it makes a lot of sense to combine the efforts. I believe Virgin actually supplies a lot of backhaul for the various mobile networks, so it's a no brainer.
Kushan is offline   Reply With Quote