View Single Post
Old 16-05-2012, 17:23   #4973
Stuart
-

Services: Virgin for TV and Internet, BT for phone
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Stuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver blingStuart has a lot of silver bling
Re: The Happy Thought Thread Part 4

Just found a bug I've been looking for for hours on a site I am upgrading for work.

The site uses a PHP script with Ajax to return an array of dates. Couldn't get this working in IE (although the PHP was returning dates properly, and the code for processing them was correct). The problem? The data sent back to the browser's Javascript interpreter included the word "Return". "Return", when used in the way my code had to to access the returned data is a reserved word in IE, so is not available. IE did not tell me this..

Anyhow, once I worked this out, it was easy to force IE to change the word in the data to another (not return). Lo, and behold, the page works now. Just needs a little tidying and a lot of testing.
Stuart is offline   Reply With Quote