View Single Post
Old 18-03-2012, 09:51   #13
Peter_
Permanently Banned

Services: Samsung V+ XL TV XL Phone 30Mb Superhub Samsung Galaxy 3 32GB sd card In a world of no buffering!
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Peter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered starsPeter_ is seeing silvered stars
Re: Sunday trading laws to be suspended during Olympics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
I am quite surprised peter as a former trade union rep you take the position you do,if all uk PLC is going to do is commerce 24/7 with families under pressure to work ,work, work what time to actually relax.?
I have been a union rep in many businesses that have worked on Sunday and by virtue of the businesses involved the is no way around Sunday working, in fact many companies offer 5 out 7 or 4 on 4 off shifts which is the norm in this day and age as Sunday in many businesses is just a normal working day excluding retail which is the business in question are not affected by Sunday trading laws.

I have worked for Sainsbury's distribution and B&Q distribution and both worked the weekend because the stores still required stock to be delivered, in my new position the will be the occasional Sunday shift required but that is the way of the world and unions accept this as normal.
Peter_ is offline   Reply With Quote