View Single Post
Old 18-03-2012, 09:06   #6
martyh

Services: Sky Q silver bundle Sky Q 2TB box Sky Q mini box Sky fibre unlimited Sky Talk evenings and week
Re: Sunday trading laws to be suspended during Olympics?

Quote:
Originally Posted by richard1960 View Post
I am not going to come from this from a christians point of view as i am agnostic, what is exactly wrong though in having just one day without shops going full steam and people just take time to chill.?

Most of the larger supermarkets open 24/6 as it is,and 6 hours sunday why the rush to 24/7 they say the brits do longer hours then people on the continent and have no proper time with their families, is dragging your backside around a supermarket sunday really quality time.

I think the economy aspect is overplayed myself people can only spend their money once if they cannot shop in the time available now 24/6 and 6 hours sunday there really is no hope.
Totally agree ,forget about the religious side of sunday trading that is a nonsense nowadays ,allowing an extra few hours trading on sunday will not make much difference to the economy if any and will only serve to take free time from workers .