View Single Post
Old 30-12-2016, 09:52   #19
Bircho
cf.addict

Bircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of lightBircho is a glorious beacon of light
Re: Sky Q problems on Watchdog tonight.

So I had Sky Q installed in September. At the end of September I moved from Virgin Broadband to BT Broadband. Had a nightmare with BT Broadband generally - not just with the Sky Q system - caused by that fantastic piece of equipment called the Home Hub 6 which randomly decided to drop wifi signal every 20 minutes or so.

After a battle with BT who told me that I must be lying because their line tests showed that everything was fine, I attached an Archer router and switched off the BT Wifi part of the Hub just using it as a modem.

Reconnected it all myself after a conversation with an excellent guy in Sky Customer Services. Basically connected a loop system using the mni's, switched off the 2.4Ghz band on the mini's and took them out of eco mode.

Things worked fine except on one of my minis which dropped signal occasionally, although nothing like it did previously. I called Sky, they sent out an engineer (although the appointment took 3 weeks), he did some signal tests and fitted a booster box between two minis.

Since then had absolutely no problems and everything has been working fine.

It can be right pain to get it to work but when working it is excellent and, as said, mine is working fine now.
Bircho is offline   Reply With Quote