View Single Post
Old 14-08-2017, 13:32   #671
heero_yuy
Perfect Soldier

Services: VM 500M SH3 thingy in modem mode XL TV V6 Sony Bravia smart TV and M phone
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
heero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered starsheero_yuy is seeing silvered stars
Re: What have you fixed lately?

Another solar rock light: This one stopped turning off in daylight and the battery was run down. I guessed it would be the solar cell, prized it up and yes, one of the wires had corroded through as had the tail from the cell. When they made it they didn't put enough sealant on to cover all the connections.

Replaced with one of my upgrade cells (about 2.5 times output of the original) and sealed it back in place with a good dollup of clear silicon rubber sealant. A fresh high capacity AA (2500 mHr) battery in the charger and it can go out in a few hours.

There's only one left now of this type with 4 LEDs that hasn't had the upgraded cell fitted. Seeing as all the others eventually corroded through I guess its time will come.