View Single Post
Old 30-01-2012, 16:45   #6
Stephen
Bah Humbug!!

Services: Sky Q 2Tb, Sky Q mini, boxsets and Sports & Movies HD, Sky Fibre unlimited
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Stephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny starStephen has a nice shiny star
Re: Virgin Media Mates Rates for 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark Up View Post
Why all the secrecy. Only a very limited number of people will be eligible so why not publish the tariff even if the friend or relative who works for Virgin Media has to give you a code to enter the site to obtain the information. The majority of the public will not be eligible for the Mates rate so it would be of no use to them. I certainly would not want to get my Uncle into trouble with Virgin asking him to do anything he should not do. At least list the different packages available under this scheme with all that is included together with the length of the contract, without quoting the price. I hear the tariff price is negotiable anyway depending on who you talk to at Virgin. I know someone who had the TIVO Box thrown in for free to the package without having to pay the additional £3 a month for this service, so maybe there is no hard and fast tariff.
It's not a secret at all. The only way to apply for it is the staff member submitting your contact details and you get a call from the mates rates sales team. No one would get in trouble.

---------- Post added at 15:45 ---------- Previous post was at 15:44 ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by More Than A pret View Post
Does anyone know where the Virgin Media Mates rates for 2012 are published. A friend who works for Virgin has offered it to us but does not know the fulll details of what is included in the package including the length of the contract . He said he is able to introduce a certain number of people each year and we will be able to continue with this "perk" as long as he is employed by Virgin Media. As only people who are able to qualify are eligible for Mates rates and the general public will not be able to get it. So why not have a web sites for Mates/prospective Mates customer detailing costs various packages length of contract and with or without a TIVO box.The latter is a major attraction for us. We also have a friend who works for Sky and has offered us a Friends and Family package with the, It would be good to be able to make a comparrision before reaching a decision.
They should easily be able to let you know the package and how much it costs. It's on the intranet in the same place as the application form. There is also no limit to how many people you can have on the cable mates rates.