Thread: BT FTTPoD
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 01:01   #1
RB2004
Inactive

Services: Services: 200 Mbit Gamer on Hub 3, 3x Arris V6 Boxes, CISCO V HD, VIP Package
RB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation eraRB2004 has entered a golden reputation era
BT FTTPoD

Hi, FTTPoD is said to become available from next year.. And is a "true" fibre service with fibre from the home to local cabinet then straight back to the exchange.

Now from next month they are touting 330mb from their fibre product.

So right now it's looking pretty promising, being fibre I'd guess 1Gbit is easily achievable, with high uploads.

Don't see vm catching up to that any time soon tbh.. Not a FTTP product.. FTTC possibly with a bit of decent investment.. But not FTTP

Is it worth switching to FTTPoD next year?

Have to say I'm tempted as up until now my only reason for sticking with virgin was they had the highest download speeds but with FTTP I have to say I'm excited at seeing the prospects of over 500mbit in years to come possibly up to 1Gb.. In contrast vm with 8 channels can only achieve presently 400mbit.
RB2004 is offline   Reply With Quote