View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 00:46   #9
Chris W
cf.mega poster

Services: Virgin Media Broadband Size M
Chris W has a nice shiny star
Chris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny starChris W has a nice shiny star
Send a message via MSN to Chris W
Re: Email completely deleted after recent password problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pem
Where is this message

I do know that if an MSS fails they sometimes switch to a backup and while that is in service you can't get to mails stored on the other one until they switch back, or copy them over.
Pem is right.

when the MSS's fall over, any mail that has not been downloaded since the server fell over will be unavailable until the server is restored. If a backup server is put on, then messages received since this one was put on will be received, and once the main server is restored, the messages from the period inbetween will come through. This is why people have had delays in receive messages.

Last time a MSS fell over there was a problem recovering some of the messages, i believe Pem posted some information about this in the main email problems thread. This is the first time i have seen this happen and i am sure ntl have learnt from this (although the regular cynics would disagree.)

Hope this makes things a little clearer.

MB
Chris W is offline   Reply With Quote