View Single Post
Old 09-06-2004, 00:12   #7
chris-sf
Inactive

chris-sf is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs down Re: Email completely deleted after recent password problems

Quote:
Originally Posted by gooner4life
There was a message on the server status page that warned that email left on the server may be lost forever.
Cheers for this, makes me feel slightly better than its not just me but not much I am looking at the server status page -> http://www.ntl-isp.ntl.com/ServiceStatus/ at the 3 email issues posted on the 7th and 8th, all of which are listed as fixed and I couldn't see any reference to mail being lost forever?

Quote:
If you have access to the internet why not just download the emails at the time instead of leaving them on the mail server?
I do download mails from my main machine usually very frequently, sods law it had to happened when I hadn't for a few days. Whilst away I just use webmail then check them whilst getting back.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simcut
NTL never cease to amaze me, bunch of ****ing ****ers.

I had VERY important emails, that I received whilst at work which I checked in my lunch hour, and now they are trying to say that it could be lost forever?

****ING ****ers! :-/

I had VERY important emails for **** sake :|
Im in the same position today, again sods law the day something major goes tits up its always when you are expecting something important, replies to job application related emails in my case.

Just makes you realise that you can't rely on NTL mail for important stuff and its probably worth paying a few quid to have your mail hosted elsewhere.
chris-sf is offline   Reply With Quote